Friday, October 23, 2009

Are You A Hillbilly?


I admit it... I am!  Perhaps not in the strictest sense, but close enough.

One of the things that I think of that qualify me as a hillbilly is the fact that I prefer to walk around barefoot. I enjoy it, and my feet do to! Even as a teen, I'd walk almost everywhere barefoot. The only times I put on shoes was when we had to go somewhere, and if I could, it would be without socks.

I think both Mysia and Malachi take after me. Both like walking around barefoot. The only time Mysia really likes wearing something on her feet is when its to dress up, or wear something new and "pretty".

Well, yesterday... Malachi decided to take off both his shoes and socks. We were getting ready to head out, and I had him bring them to me so I could put them back on to me. I asked him, "Are you a hillbilly?"

"No.." was his reply as he shook his head.

"Yes you are.." I continued. "You're a hillbilly."

"No.."

"Come on, say, 'I am a hillbilly'"

"No........... I Malachi!"


After that, I lost it! What a kid!

~Matt


Pun of the Post: "Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."

1 comment:

Daniel Mount said...

I wish change was inevitable from vending machines!