Thursday, October 22, 2009

Keeping Busy (and Steppin' Out update) 10/22/09


The past several weeks have been a bit hectic for me. I've been working quite a bit of overtime, and I am wearing out. Of course, last week's car trouble didn't help either!

I've also been working on some side projects (graphic design). I'll be sharing them when completed! So keep watching this blog!

Since I've been keeping busy... how may have noticed that as we near the holidays, schedules get tighter? Lydia and I have got a ton activities planned for the next several weeks, and that's just the start! I know as Thanksgiving draws nearer, we're gonna be busy!

Oh... and don't forget Christmas! So far, I've noticed that Wal-Mart, Lowes, and Bass Pro have already started bringing out the products and decorating! It's exciting, but sad that they skip Thanksgiving. But I guess I should be happy that they haven't really commercialized that Holiday....

Speaking of Christmas, our quartet (Steppin' Out) is going to be working on some Christmas material soon! We're also looking into some of the arrangements that Legacy Five did on their Christmas album... some great songs!

For those who may have not gotten the email or read the announcement on our facebook page, Steppin' Out is now looking for a high tenor. Noah has "stepped" down so that he can focus on his education. Currently, we're getting Abigail familiar with our regular line-up since she's a replacement until we can find another high tenor! If anyone knows anyone interested in singing with a local, part-time quartet, email us at steppinoutquartet@gmail.com

Anyway.... I'm going be having a new feature on my blog. Introducing the Pun of the Post! Since I have a document of over 500 puns and funny thoughts, I figure I'd share the wealth! So with every post on this blog, there will be a pun at the end! Just when my facebook friends thought my statuses were bad enough! lol! Hope you enjoy!

~Matt


Pun of the Post: "The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket."

No comments: