Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Roof Is Fixed (10/20/09)


Several weeks ago, like I mentioned in a previous blog post, we discovered we had a leak in our roof. We weren't too happy about it. But thinking that insurance might help, I called them. They told me that they'd send a guy out. Later, the installer called and told me that he estimated it would cost me no less than $500 for over half a day's work to fix our roof...!

Yuck!

So, I talked to some guys from church, and they said that should get on the roof and take a look myself, and that some roof tar would probably fix the problem if there is any visible. So I went and bought some roof tar.

Unfortunately, it rained. ALL WEEK! And there was no way I was going to climb on a wet roof to look around. So yesterday I was able to go go up there. As you can see in the picture, there was a hole. So I grabbed some duct tape and the tar... patched it up... and all finished!

Now to wait for a good rain to see if it worked!

Oh, and by the way... the tar was less than $3 at Wal-Mart...!!!!

~Matt

No comments: