Friday, November 6, 2009

Digital Transmission...


I miss analog tv......

You may ask why, and that's fine. I'll explain my position.

A year ago, our box tv died. So we forked over the money and bought a flat-screen digital tv. Some stations in our town were already broadcasting digital transmissions, and it was neat, but also very problematic. On the git-go, we noticed that occasionally when something disrupted the signal, the screen would pixelize and we'd loose audio and video. How annoying!

We had the tv situated in a certain postion in our living room and was able to get most stations. However, I wasn't too satisfied with the arrangement and I changed things around. Unfortunately, we lost half of our channels.

We also have problems with the train. Every time one passes by, it disrupts the reception! Arg!

Well, I got tired of missing out on channels like PBS. So while at Wal-Mart I bought an extension for the antenna.I'm happy to report... it works!!!

I still have problems with the train, but I don't think I can stop that! Go figure!

~Matt

No comments: