Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Skating, B-day Party, Grocery Shopping... and more!


Wow... Saturday (10/31/09) was a busy day!

We got up, and were out the door by 7:25 in the morning. I had the church van, and was in charge of picking up kids for the skating party that started at 9! Talk about rushing! Lydia was so tired that she napped in the passenger seat!

Our church had rented out Skateland for two hours... I had the privilege of being in charge of what music got played. So I had made a list of fast moving, upbeat, SG music. Samuel was in charge of the games, and used my list of songs to fit them in. It worked out well.

Mysia and Malachi had a great time skating. Both fell several times, but got used to it pretty quick. It was fun watching them and helping. Malachi ended up skating with Lydia for most of the time. At times, he is definitely a mama's boy! Mysia got to skate with both her Uncle Sam and Aunt Abigail quite a bit as well. Mysia was my partner during the game of "four corners". We almost won!

After taking everyone home and got home ourselves, we quickly put the kids to bed for a nap. We knew time would be short before rushing off to Abigail's birthday party at 2pm. Boy, were we right! Before heading over to the park where the party was held, I made a mad dash into WalMart to grab the gift for her. Unfortunately, it was a mad-house in there!

Speaking of how full it was, there was also some interesting characters there! Come to find out, WalMart allows it's employees to dress up. I ran into Jack Sparrow and a vampire that worked there while getting the gift! But the most interesting sight was after I finished purchasing the gift! As I was walking out, a VERY pregnant woman, WalMart employee, wearing a short, bright lime-green dress, walked by in front of me. I couldn't help but staring. She had this striped stockings on, that where bright, rainbow colored. Her hair was short with mini pony-tail braids in them. Then she turned around.... "She" had an beard! An unkept beard!!! I just stopped and stood there. A man standing nearby, looked at me and said, "yep, that's my thought too!" lol!

Anyway, we headed over to Doling Park where Abigail's party had already started. She had friends from church and her homeschool Co-op there. It was quite a crowd of teens!!! Mysia and Malachi played on the equipment, while the teens played the games that were organized for the event! Abigail ended up with a number of gifts. By the time 5 came around, we were ready to go. The kids were wearing down, and so were we!

When we arrived at home, Mysia got her bath while Malachi and I attended the front door for trick-or-treaters. Lydia and I also used this time to finalize the grocery list. It was decided upon that I would do the grocery run when the list was completed... oh... what... fun...! But while we were doing so, I decided to pop on an old VHS, it was shows from the late 80's. It was a hoot! The commercials were just as funny as the tv shows!

I left for WalMart around 8:30... the store wasn't as crowded as earlier in the afternoon. It was quiet, and there were some strange characters roaming the isles. Other than that, nothing too out of the ordinary. Grocery shopping didn't take me too long, and soon I was back at home watching more 80's tv shows with Lydia... oooo... scary!!

~Matt


Pun of the Post: "A proverb is a short sentence based on long experience."

No comments: