Monday, November 2, 2009

Sump-pump Worries!

After all the rain we had on Thursday, I was sad to find out Friday morning that the sump-pump was again running overtime! Arg! How I hate having to go under the house to grab whatever is keeping the thing going!

This time, I came up with a plan! I had noticed on my last trip under the house that the electrical cord for the pump went up under the floor of the sink. That meant that it was plugged up somewhere there. I remembered seeing a few thing plugged up under the sink when installing my garbage disposal about a year ago, and I knew one of them was the dishwasher.

So, I looked under the sink, unplugged one, and sure enough... the sump-pump stopped. Well, that would at least give me a while so the sump-pump doesn't overheat or something. So Friday night, after work, I plugged it back up. Everything seemed to go pretty well, it would pump and then stop on its own. I then started hoping that whatever it was that was blogging the pump from stopping got "washed" off to the side or something.

Saturday morning, the pump was running "overtime" again, so I unplugged it. I decided to wait for a while this time, hoping that maybe I can get that piece "washed" away.

This time I waited until Sunday night. Sure enough, after 15 minutes of pumping all the water out of under our house, it stopped on it's own! Hooray!

Unfortunately, I woke up this morning with the sump-pump continuously running and no water coming out! ARG! I guess I'll have to go under there sometime soon!

~Matt


Pun of the Post: "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

No comments: