Friday, April 16, 2010

Design Post: Hillside Prom Alternative Poster (2) "The Logo"


A continuation of my progress on a design I did for our church!


John, our church's youth pastor, liked my sketch of the poster I was to design for the Prom-Alternative! That was encouraging...

When it came to the wording for "Prom Alternative" on the poster, I wanted something that would 'pop' and appeal to the teenagers. Something that was 'cool', but also something that would fit elegantly with the heavenly theme. I wanted it to be more modern, yet bled in with the older look that I had came up with for the poster.

After some 'research' on the internet, I came across an idea that might work. So I did a quick sketch, and submitted this "logo" to John. It was a unique take on the the word PROM, with the year combined. He liked it as well, and asked if I could put a cross in place of one of the "t"s in the word "Alternative". Great idea! But I went even farther... I modified the church logo and put it in!

(to be continued...)

~Matt

No comments: