Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring Allergies (04/28/2010)


Oh yes... the season is upon us. But actually, for me, it seems to be leaving! Hooray.

Growing up, I didn't have allergies. I didn't even have them when in college. I'd boast (to myself) that I was immune to it.

Well, that changed two years ago....

I got hit with 'em! Ohhh...! My eyes didn't know what to do. My nose ran constantly. My ears stopped up, and to top it off, I had a horrible voice! I was miserable. I quickly learned to be more compassionate to those who deal with allergies all the time! Ugh!

Well, this year, the allergies hit again. Yuck. Definitely not my favorite part of spring. I gave up contacts for my glasses, and went through tons of tissue! I was sneezing, snorting, coughing, and choking. Mucus is not fun! :) I was poppin' pills every morning hoping that it would all go away soon.

Right now, it appears to have gone. The worst is over. I still have a little bit of congestion.. but a good, forced cough clears it up quite nicely. Of course, I don't think mowing the lawn isn't the best idea either, but I don't think that excuse will work too much!

~Matt

No comments: