Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week Rundown! (04/11/10 - 04/17/10)


Whoops! I meant to post this earlier!!!!


Sunday:

I got up and headed to church for van ministry as usual. I was sore! Working on the garage the day before made my body ache!

On the way to church, I realized I had forgotten to work on a flyer for our upcoming game night for our Sunday school class, So when I arrived at church, I pulled out my laptop and quickly put one together. It took some time to get them printed, copied, and cut... which ended up making me several minutes behind on my route. Well, while on my route, Lydia called to tell me that poor Malachi was still sick and throwing up! So, my house was the last stop before heading back to church, as I picked up Mysia. She really liked that. I guess it makes it very special to ride in "Daddy's van".

I made it to church a few minutes late. But all was well. It was a little odd not having Lydia to sit with. After services were over, I dropped all my van riders off and headed home for lunch. We had to hurry... Lydia and I made quickly made desert for the "youth desert auction" to be held after evening services. Even though Malachi was feeling better, Lydia deemed it best that they remain home once again, so not to pass whatever he has to anyone else.

So off to church went Mysia and I. We got there, dropped the deserts off in the church kitchen, and I talked to our missionary, Daniel Elliot, while Mysia played with his kids. We then headed inside and waited for services to start. The services were done by the youth, so we got to hear a program by their drama team. Moses (Lydia's brother) preached on baseball. Yup, that's right! The sermon was done very well, and talked about the three bases: Salvation, Separation, and Service.

After services, our church held the yearly youth desert auction. There was a lot of deserts! Some going for more than $150! It was great!

Monday:


Lydia took the car in to the shop to get an estimate done and find out what parts needed ordered. They have to replace the bumper, so we're scheduled to take the car in next Monday and get a rental!

For me, overtime is still in effect at work! So Lydia and the kids picked me up at 6.

When I got home, I dressed and went outside to mow. Lydia made supper, and the kids watched tv. As I was mowing, I'd catch Malachi watching me from the window. It was the first time I had to mow this year... and I enjoyed it. However, it did trigger my allergies!

After showers, and putting the kids to bed, I worked on a few things on the laptop. As always, Lydia worked on her homework. She had found out that she had received several A's recently, so it's good to know all the effort paid of. As I nodded off a few times on the couch, I ended up retiring to bed. Lydia worked on her homework until 4 the next morning!!!!


Tuesday:

It was a pretty simple evening... after work, we went home and ate. Lydia went to biolife, and I played with the kids. I got Malachi in bed right as Lydia got home, and she helped get Mysia ready for bed.

I worked on some projects on the computer while Lydia did her homework. We actually got to bed at a decent hour (compared to how late we've been going lately). Plus, after Monday, Lydia was very tired!


Wednesday:

I had work, Lydia had class, and the kids had daycare. Mysia got to go to daisy scouts again today, she loves it! Lydia and the kids picked me up after work, and we ate on the way to church.

As teachers in the children's worship service at church, called Master's Club, Lydia and I keep busy. It's enjoyable, but can get hectic on some nights... this week included. I think the nice weather makes the kids more active!


Thursday:

Thursday was basically a repeat of Tuesday. We didn't get to bed as early as I was hoping though! :P


Friday:

Lydia and I put together a game night game night for our Sunday School class from church. We had been wanting to get our class together for a evening, so we can have some fun, fellowship, and food! We're hoping that this will get things going, and others would be encouraged to put on activities so that our class can get together more often.

Anyway, we all met at the church, bringing finger-foods and snacks. We ate and talked, and then pulled out games. We also used the projector and played the Wii!

By the time we got home, M&M were exhausted! So, to bed they went! Lydia and I stayed up getting things ready for the "Ultimate Rockin' Garage Sale" that Lydia had volunteered to participate tomorrow morning.!


Saturday:

After getting to bed late, I really didn't want to get up, but we had to have all of our 'stuff' at the sale around 6am! So we were up and at it!

The plan was to get ready and load the stuff in Sam's truck, and head out there, following in our car. Unfortunately, I tried calling Sam to be sure he was awake at 5, and got his voicemail. He didn't hear his cell! Well... that kinda threw us off. So we quickly altered our plans. I loaded the car with as much stuff as I could, and left to drop it off while Lydia and the kids got ready. It took me over 45 minutes until I got back home.

We packed into the car, along with more stuff, and headed out. We hadn't gotten more than a block away from the house when we heard and felt a "THUMP, thump, THUMP, thump..."

We had a flat tire!

I pulled into the gas station, unloaded the trunk, and put on the spare tire. We took a back route to the sale, and got there after the event had already started. After unloading the rest of the stuff, I took the car to Sam's club to get the tire repaired. Unfortunately, the tire was shot, and I had to purchase a new one!

Back at the sale, we sat and hoped our junk would sale! The kids ran everywhere, and we tried to keep the corralled as much as we could. By the time we got home, later that afternoon, they were super-tired. We had no problem getting them down for naps!

Lydia ended up working on more homework, and we picked up the church van after supper. I went grocery shopping later that night, and we got to bed late!

~Matt

No comments: