Monday, February 22, 2010

Meebo for the iPhone


When gearing up to purchase the iPhones, I was saddened to learn that our favorite chat client, Meebo, was not available as an app! It had been promised for several months, but the Meebo team hadn't developed it yet.

I was then forced to find another. Well, I did... a program called "IM+", but it was going to be expensive. $9.99 to be exact! But right when we bought the phones, the price went on same for $2.99. So we bought it. (it's on sale right now for $4.99)

The program was nice, but I had problems with it. It wouldn't always connect, and there seemed to be several "hiccups" in the app.

Much to my joy, Meebo released their app on Valentines day! And it is FREE!!!!

Here are the features:

  • Access to all your buddies (AIM, Gmail, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo, Facebook, Myspace, etc)
  • Receive push notifications when you get a new IM, even when the app is closed
  • Flick between multiple conversation windows
  • Type in landscape and portrait mode
  • Manage your chat sessions as you switch back and forth between the Meebo iPhone app and meebo.com
  • Synchronized chat history between your iPhone and meebo.com

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meebo/id351727311

I'm happy!

Oh, and now you folks know why I'm always online!!! :)

~Matt

No comments: