Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Run, run, run.... (Saturday, 02/6/10)


I'm surprised on how much we can do on a Saturday!

We woke up, got dressed, and headed toward the gym. It was swim time! Boy, were M&M excited!

At the gym, you're required to shower off before getting into the pool. So Malachi and I got into our swim-trunks and went to one of the showers and turned the water on. No hot or warm water! Great....! I tried another shower. Same thing! One of the janitors was in thelocker room, and he said he'd check into it. Well, Malachi and I were anxious, so we took the plunge. Brrrrrrrrrrr! It was freezing!

The poor guy shivered the entire walk to the pool. We had to stand there as we put on the water wings. Both of us were not too happy over taking the cold shower, but once we got in the pool, we both thawed out, and all was well.

The girls soon joined us guys, and we all played. M&M played with one of the balls they use for water basketball. They both would "chase" it after hitting it around. That was fine to me, that meant it would wear them out!

Toward the end of swim-time, Lydia encouraged Malachi to stand on the edge of the pool and jump in. Once that started, there was no stopping him. He loved it. Mysia wouldn't even dare! I put her up on the edge, and she just walked away out of my reach!

After swimming we got our showers, got dressed, and headed off to Nixa. We visited Lydia's grandma, her aunt & uncle, and cousins. We talked and visited for about and hour before we headed home.

The kids crashed once we got home. I knew they'd be worn out. Lydia headed out to OTC to work on bears her honors class. They're going to be selling them to raise money for Relay for Life. While she was gone, I tried to work on more design work. Mysia ended up waking up first, then Malachi. So we watched a movie and then played.

When Lydia got home, we then headed over to my parents' house to eat and visit. We had hotdogs! Yum!
We chatted and talked about computers! That's the theme for my family! lol!

As it got later in the evening, we left and picked up the church van. I left the Lydia and the kids at home and let her put them to bed while I went grocery shopping! Then it was time for bed! What a day!

~Matt

No comments: