Monday, February 15, 2010

Tax Refund, Debts, iPhones, & Olympics (Saturday, 02/13/10)


Today was an exciting day! You see... on Friday we got our tax refunds back!

Thanks to that refund, we were able to pay off some debt! Yippee! That's such a blessing!

We also used some of the money to upgrade our phones. I've had mine for 3 years, and Lydia's was about to go out again. She had a RAZR flip phone.. and the hinge broke on her first one. The one she had now had a spot on the screen and was getting worse. We were due to upgrade. But before now, we didn't have the money.

Most of my family and our close friends have known that we've been eyeing the iPhone. And I did my research. If there was a phone to upgrade to, it was the iPhone. I wanted something durable, something that would benefit us, and has a good reputation. There is only one downside to an iPhone... ONE! The cost of the monthly data-plan! Ouch!

A few months ago, we stopped text messaging.. that saved us one of the data-plan prices. Now to see about the other... And to fix that, eliminate debt! That's where the tax refund comes in to play! Hooray!

Needless to say, after breakfast, we packed up the kids and headed to the AT&T store and bought the iPhones. Then it was rush-time! We went grocery shopping! While there, Mysia spent her birthday money on two toys.. she was excited!

We rushed home and Lydia left to go to our neighbors baby shower which was in a neighboring town! (and yet she's our neighbor!) Lydia was gone for several hours. My task was making the kids nap and getting things ready for our iPhones. I downloaded apps and worked on the ringtones! I know it sounds like fun, but it was time consuming! I think I ended up talking to my brother BJ for several hours getting info on how to set things up and questioning him about different functions!

When Lydia got back, the kids and I hopped in the car with her and we left to pick up the church van. Once back home, e tried our best to get the iPhones updated, registered, and working as best we could. In the meantime, we got the kids bathed and ready for bed while watching the Olympics! I believe that it's going to be a nightly ritual! We love figure skating!

As for the iPhones, I'm sure that since it's now a major part of how I stay connected with things, you'll be hearing me talk about them. I'm also happy that it will help with these blog posts! We'll be able to jot down funny saying and things, plus take more pictures here and there! We'll see!

~Matt

Note: Yup... I got the official Olympics App for the iPhone!

No comments: