Thursday, March 4, 2010

How To....


Ever had to fix something, but didn't know how to go about it? What do you do? You could call a family member, a friend, or a neighbor.... go to the library, do some research in books.... or use the internet!

If you don't know already, the internet is full of helpful advise on anything you want to know. Some excellent and professional advice and tutorials... to opinions and plain ol' hearsay! It's all there. You can have your pick, and contribute too!

I use the internet a lot. I've been able to find useful information quickly to get the job done.Of course, I'm also pretty good at discerning what is true and false. To me, it's a challenge... like being a detective on a case. That's probably why I like it so much. A little research on a topic is fun (at least, for me it is).

Let me give an example... when I had to install the garbage disposal, the instructions didn't help at all! Whoever wrote and approved of them should've been fired! They didn't make sense! I pulled out my laptop, did some quick searches.. low and behold! Simple steps on how to install it. Even on what NOT to do! There was even several videos!!! Wow! Pretty soon, I got it figured out! I was ready to go!

Now at the store, you can buy several good sized "How To" books. I'll admit it, they've intrigued me. They tell how to fix things that are broken, how to install items, and how to prevent mishaps or better your home. I almost bought a few at times. But, do I need to? No!

Thanks to the internet, I can easy find the answers I need. And it's just not one way of getting the job done, a search will often give you several sources for the information needed! It's great!

Boy... what would we do without computers? lol!

~Matt

No comments: