Sunday, March 21, 2010

Week Rundown! (03/14/10 - 03/20/10)


Sunday:

Lydia had her Phi Theta Kappa honors society recognition ceremony at 3pm. She was inducted into the program along with 200 others! It was held at the Gillioz Theatre. It was a very fancy event... They had a string trio, everyone dressed up real nice, and the entire program was presented in very elegant way. Lydia's parents, my parents, her brother Moses, and my grandma Taylor we able to attend the event and congratulate Lydia. We're all so proud of her!


Monday:


We had a hard time getting up. Daylight savings time had taken it's toll on us. The kids were not interested in moving fast at all. Needless to say, we didn't visit the gym.

Lydia picked up the kids from daycare around 4ish, and headed home to get a head start on homework and dinner. They didn't pick me up from work until 6:45. We got home, ate and eventually got the kids to bed. Unfortunately, Mysia played around a bit and got to bed later than we wanted her to.

I had noticed that the battery life on my iPod had been draining quickly when I wasn't using it. Some research told me that I needed to "restore" it. That meant wiping it clean and adding the music back to it. No problem... or so I thought. Deleting all the files was easy. However, putting the files back on wasn't. I guess I have some bad, or corrupt, mp3 files. They would cause both itunes and the iPod to freeze, delaying the process. When I'd plug it back up, it was still empty! Ugh! I thought I had the problem figured out, and went to bed around midnight.

Lydia stayed up until 2, working on a paper that was due on Tuesday!


Tuesday:


Since Lydia had came to bed so late, we again decided to forget attempting to go the gym. The kids were also tired still, and I had to really push to get them out of bed. My iPod was still messed up. The only thing that was added from the night before was my SG Soundtracks.... great! I could now listen to just music of my favorite songs! Arg! I tried adding more to it while getting ready leave, and it crashed and wiped everything off!

When Lydia picked up the kids, she also grabbed two movies from redbox. The kids watched the first half of "Princess And The Frog" before picking me up from work, and finished it when we got back home. I gave Malachi his shower and got him ready for bed before leaving for quartet practice. Lydia then got Mysia ready for bed and worked on homework.

Quartet practice went well, and we went over the songs we plan to sing on Sunday. When I arrived back home, it was a bit late, but Lydia and I watched "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" It was a neat romantic comedy, and clean too!!!


Wednesday:


Again, we slept in past time to go to the gym! We need to stop doing this and get up! lol

Kindergarten registration was today. Lydia went to register Mysia. It's kinda sad to realize that our little girl is growing up....

Lydia and the kids picked me up and we picked up dinner from McDonald's before heading to church. We got the 50 nuggets meal. Surprisingly, we ate it all, it was good! We were a bit tired, and the kids at church were very active, but all went well. The teens in our church were asked to dress up for clowns as part of their Wednesday night program, so Abigail borrowed my clown outfit. She won 1st!

After church we met up with my folks and some family friends from Mexico, MO at McDonald's. The kids played while we visited for a bit. Those indoor play-places are nice!!! We were all tired, so headed straight to bed when we got home.


Thursday:

We got up, got ready, and headed to the gym after dropping the kids off. We were a little late, but it was good to get back into the schedule. Or, at least try to!

After work, we came home and started supper. Since I was working overtime, supper didn't get finished before Lydia had to leave to give plasma. I was able to feed the kids and get Malachi to bed before Lydia came back home. She ate, Mysia went to bed, and then we did housework before going to bed ourselves!

Oh, I was still having trouble with my iPod, and found out that I have a bad sector around the 15GB mark on the hard drive. That means that I can only put 15MB of songs on my 80GB iPod! If I try and put any more on there, it freezes up and wipes itself clean! Ugh! That mean's that my iPhone now holds more music than my iPod! The bad part about all of this is that I have over 15GB worth of Southern Gospel music, so I can't even have my entire library available for my listening enjoyment when away from home!

I know it sounds horrible, but I have a hard time living without my music!!!!!!


Friday:

Well, I guess Thursday was our only gym day, because we didn't go! We had stayed up too late, and decided to sleep in an extra hour.

That evening, we had originally planned to go to have a Sunday-school class activity, but others had things going on, plus preparation for the special services kept us from using the church. So, the activity is going to be planned for sometime next week.

We ended up having Doug and Mary over and we talked and learned a new a game called Morff. We had to watch the tutorial online to figure out how the game is actually played. It was pretty fun once we figured it out!

Saturday:

Another busy day! Lydia and I actually got to catch up on some sleep!!! Mysia and Malachi didn't wake up super early, and were actually well behaved when they finally did wake up! It was nice to sleep in past 9!

BJ, Ana, and Elijah stopped by for a bit around noon. Mysia and Malachi enjoyed playing with their cousin. They brought out several of their toys to show off and play with while we visited. After they left, we put M&M down for naps and Lycia came. She babysat them while we headed over to Paulette's for a "Pampered Chef" party. We got to see how some of the kitchen tools worked, plus eat some samples! Lydia and I took the time afterwards to stop by Andy's Frozen Custard to get us a treat on the way home!

That evening, Sam picked me up and we headed to the church to set up our quartet's sound system. It had started to sleet... what fun. While there, we also practiced by running over the songs we planned to sing. As we left, we had to take it slow! The snow was coming down heavily, visibility was low, and the roads were very slick!

Lydia worked on homework all evening, and didn't get to bed until super late. I had fallen asleep on the couch while sitting next the her so she sent me off to bed.

~Matt

No comments: