Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tech Post: Cell Phone Jamming (03/18/10)


I have heard and talked to people people who think that cell phone jamming is a thing that should be implemented it certain buildings at certain times. How some wish it to be used, how they would like to use it, and that cell phones should be regulated.

I personally disagree. I understand they can be annoying, and I do think that most people need better cell phone manners. However, this is a service that I pay for and that I have a right to. My cell phone has my notes, schedule, contacts, clock, and everything on it. Just like anything else I own, like my car... I bought it, I'm gonna use it!

I realize that cell phone use has increased, and that it can get very disturbing in certain places. Take church services for example. A ringing phone can disrupt the sermon that Pastor is delivering. However... so can a child. Unfortunately, I have more trouble with my child going off during services than my cell phone! lol

It turns out, I shouldn't have to ever worry about my cell phone signal from being jammed. Here in the US, it is illegal to operate, manufacture, import, or offer for sale, including advertising, with fines of up to $11,000 and imprisonment of up to one year! http://www.fcc.gov/Reports/1934new.pdf Nice!

To read more, check this out!

~Matt

No comments: