Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kai's nicknames... (9/1/10)


We were watching the kids play outside over the weekend, and we were commenting on nicknames. Besides 'Kai' and 'Bubby', there are several nicknames we've given Malachi.

Since Malachi is so active and into things, I occasionally call him George, in reference to Curious George the monkey. However, he also likes to jump around a lot while exclaiming "boing, boing!" So Lydia often calls him Tigger (from Winnie-the-Pooh).

Well, for fun, I hollered out to him... "Hey George!"

"I'm not George!" he replied, his eyebrows down, as if the nickname was offensive.

Lydia then called out, "Oh, he's Tigger!"

"No I'm not!" he again replied, with another look of disgust.

"Who are you then?" I asked, expecting him to then reply with his own name.

"Lightning McQueen!"



~Matt

No comments: