Tuesday, September 21, 2010

MyThoughts on MySpace (Tuesday, 09/21/10)



"You don't post much on MySpace, in fact, it looks like you're hardly ever on there!"

Yes, that's right. I have pretty much abandoned MySpace. I'm still a user, and forever will be until it shuts down. But I hardly ever go there.

Why? It's pretty simple actually. I don't like it.

I don't like the intrusive advertisements, the layout, and the fact that I can hardly make out many of my friend's pages! It gives people too much customization, and people have really bad layouts. Like the saying goes, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." And that goes with the 'design' of some of these layouts! Yuck!

Nothing is more annoying than going to a page and being blasted with music and videos that you can't stop from playing because they're hard to find on the page. And my goodness... those pictures in the ads are horrible. I'm not single, and I'm not looking! Please go away!

I guess this would fall under the "bad" of social networking!

But I'll remain on MySpace for one reason... there are some friends on there that aren't anywhere else. Plain and simple. However, I encourage them to come on over to Facebook! lol!

~Matt

No comments: