Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mysia: The Bruise! (Wednesday, 09/29/10)



As I posted earlier, we went to Silver Dollar City on Saturday.

We were finished and heading to the entrance of the park, and Mysia wanted me to carry her on my shoulders.

I obliged, and propped her up there. No sooner did I do so, she puts her hands over my eyes with giggles and laughter. This causes me to not see where I was walking. I veered over to my right, unintentionally, not being able to see. I heard a cry. The edge of some awning adorning one of the shops along the path had hit her cheek below her right eye.

"Daddy!" she exclaimed, "You hurt my face!"

Me? I did? I don't think so.... It was her who covered my eyes! But try explaining that to a five year-old!

Anyway, yesterday, she came home with a simple drawing of what happened on Saturday. As you can see in the picture: her hands are over my eyes, the awning is above the trail we're walking on, and there is a bruise under her eye (wrong side though). Yup, that's her way of telling the story!
 

~Matt

No comments: