Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Week Rundown! (08/29/10 - 09/4/10)

(Photo is of Malachi holding a picture of us on our wedding day)




Sunday:

I got up and headed into church for Men's Prayer Breakfast. I was the one bringing the devotion, so after I ate, I talked about Responsibility. I then did the my van route.

I was also scheduled to sing in a special in the morning services, so I chose "How Big Is God". It's one of my favorite songs, and it works well with my bass voice. The message in the song is simple, yet thought provoking. Which is one of the reasons I like it so well.

In the afternoon, the kids napped, Lydia did some homework, and I messed around on my laptop. "Rocky" was on one of the local channels, so we watched it. I hadn't seen it since I was a teenager, and could remember most of it. I'm sorry to say, I was disappointed. Not much of a movie to me! The theme song is the only memorable part!

It was the 5th Sunday Sing for the evening service at church, and our quartet sang a special featuring Sam and Katie (Greg's daughter). It was a joy to hear the other talent as well.


Monday:


Well, back to the new schedule. I took Malachi to daycare before meeting up with Lydia and Mysia at the gym. Lydia left for college, and I took Mysia to school before heading into work.

When Lydia got home with Mysia, she did worked on homework while Mysia watched tv. Malachi and I arrived home after I got home from work, and we ate supper. Lydia and the kids worked on laundry, and I headed out to quartet practice. When I got back home, the kids were in bed, and Lydia was working on homework. She ended up staying up late working on it.


Tuesday:

We followed the schedule of course...

That evening, back at home, we worked on the house chores, and got the house looking pretty good! Laundry put away, floors swept and vacuumed, etc. After supper, the kids went to bed, and Lydia worked on homework while I worked on a few products on my laptop.


Wednesday:

We got tons of rain! I remember waking up early, and hearing the rain. I was thankful, we really needed it. However, when we woke up, got around, and headed toward the vehicles, it was pouring down! My umbrella wasn't doing such a good job at keeping me dry!

I tool Malachi to daycare, while Lydia left for the gym. Lydia was already working out when I finally showed up. The rain had stopped for me, but Lydia and Mysia got soaked!

Thankfully, after our workout, the rain had given us a reprieve, and wasn't coming down. I was happy about that, since I still had to drop Mysia off at school, then head into work. However, the rain picked back up when I arrived at work.

Due to the heavy amount of rain, Mysia's Daisy Scouts were canceled, so Lydia and Mysia headed home after school. I picked up Malachi after work, and headed home. The roads in our area were flooded (you can see pictures I posted on facebook). We ate supper and then headed off to church.

We participated in Master Clubs at church. The kids were a bit anxious, it being a rainy day, but they were well behaved. After church, we headed over to my parents' house for ice cream and browning to celebrate my dad getting a new job.

We got home later than originally planned, and immediately put the kids to bed. I stayed up with Lydia as she worked on her homework. I watched tv ! lol

Thursday:

Today Lydia and I celebrate 7 years of marriage!

We woke up drowsy and sluggish. We had stayed up too late, and were now paying for it! We got the kids ready and followed our schedule.

I had expected more rain, but it didn't come until 4ish. And it wasn't too bad, just sporadic! Lydia had picked up both Mysia and Malachi, so I drove straight home after work. I was happy to find that most of the water had drained out of the yards.

I played with the kids for a bit, and then we made supper. Since it was a special day, I had asked Lydia what her favorite dish wan, and we made it. Cooked Salmon…. Yum! During the preparation the rain hit! It started coming down nice and hard. We paid little attention to it while we ate. After supper, I got Malachi into the shower and ready for bed while Lydia worked with Mysia on her homework.

I sat down at the table, pulled out my laptop, and heard the sound…. Tornado sirens! Great! Great downpour of rain ensued, a spectacular lightning storm, electricity out for a few minutes, and two kids scared! And it's my fault. When those sirens go off, I get anxious. The kids pick up on it, and go into panic mode. For me, my adrenaline is pumping during the event.. I've always wanted to be a storm chaser.We were finally able to settle them down, give Mysia her shower, and put them both into bed. I had to lay down with Malachi for a bit, the lightning was still putting on a good show. The yard was flooded again, and we got to bed at a good time!

Friday:

Today was our anniversary date night! Lydia came home with the kids after school/work, and got dinner ready. Kristi came over and watched the kids for a few hours while Lydia and I went away for pizza and a movie.

It great to get to spend time together. Especially since our schedules are sooooooo busy!


Saturday:

Lydia and I didn't sleep in too much. But did get a couple hours more while the kids watched cartoons.

The bulk of the day consisted of cleaning the house, and getting it looking presentable. Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping. Ugh!!! And I wasn't in the best mood either.

After lunch and naps we headed out to the gym to go swimming. However, the pool was only going to be open for 20+ minutes, so we decided to head to Jordan Valley Park instead. There we played in the water, and in the fountains. We had a blast, and I think we wore the kids out!

In the afternoon, Lydia had noticed that the van was leaking fluid. I didn't know what exactly it was, so I called Ben Winter from church. We concluded that it was antifreeze, so I took it over to his house this evening to find out what was happening. It was the water pump leaking! Not good! He instructed me to take it home and park it. No going anywhere in the van this weekend until I could get it replaced.

Oh boy.......! :(   :(



~Matt

No comments: