Friday, January 7, 2011

Giving Plasma (Friday, 01/07/10)



As several of you followers of this blog know, Lydia gives plasma twice a week. It is something that helps us financially. Although it may not be the most fun thing to take part in, Lydia takes the time and enjoys it. She'll watch a tv show, read, listen to music, or even catch up on homework! She's explained that its good to have time to herself. Now, I'll admit it can be a pain when scheduling things, since she usually has her appointments in the evening... but in the end, it pays off.

Before some wonder how come Lydia gives, but no me, and that I should.... I agree. I used to give plasma, but had some issues with my veins that caused more problems then what it was worth. My arm actually leaked for weeks, and to top it off, they wouldn't even see me. So unfortunately, I'm out for the count.

One of the reasons I brought this up as a blog post is
that it seems, here locally, giving plasma has been on the rise when it comes to donors. The current state of the economy is helping with this push, no doubt. So if you want to read what has hit the local news, go here!

~Matt

No comments: