Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week Rundown! (01/09/11 - 01/15/11)



Sunday:

It was a cold morning, and I was happy when I got to church and get some coffee to help warm myself up before running the church van.  After morning services, we had a good afternoon. We all took naps... which felt so good!

It was my mom's birthday, so we headed to my parents' house after evening services. We visited, the kids played, and we had some cake and ice cream.


Monday:

Well, the snow started to come into the area. There wasn't much outside when we left for school/work. However, during the day it started to accumulate. It looked like we were living in a snow globe!

Lydia had picked up the kids after work, so they were home when I arrived. The roads were slick, so we cancelled quartet practice just to be on the safe side. I got to use the new George Foreman grill my parents gave us for Christmas and grilled pork chops for supper. They were great!!! We did some house work, played Mario Kart with the kids before putting them down for bed, and did our individual workouts on the Wii Fit.


Tuesday:

Lydia got up super early and headed out to the gym, despite the severe road conditions from the snow and ice! She then headed into BioLife before coming home to pick up the kids and drop them off before heading into work. I ended up trying to 'break into' my car. All the doors were frozen shut. I eventually got one of the back doors open, so I crawled in and got the passenger door to give. The driver door was no use, so crawling from the passenger side was my only option!

When Lydia got off work, she picked up the kids and headed home. She helped Mysia with her homework. Before I showed up at home after work, our guests arrived. Lydia's friend Tabitha, husband Don and kids, were in town. They're planning on being missionaries to Scotland. It was my first time to meet them. We visited, let the kids play, ate supper, and visited more.

After they left, I took some home video off of the video camera onto the laptop while we watched an episode of Monk. We then took turns on the Wii Fit before going to bed.


Wednesday:

I got up early, went to to the gym, and then headed into work. The temp outside was 1°F! Lydia took Malachi to daycare and Mysia to school before hitting the gym. Today was her day off from work. She also got a haircut, had lunch with her friend Courtney, picked up my suit (that we bought Saturday), and got a few things from Walmart.

I came home, and Lydia had supper in the oven. Unfortunately, we lost power 5 minutes later. Not sure on when the power would come on, we got ready and left for McDonalds to eat supper before heading to church. Thankfully, the electricity was on when we came home!


Thursday:

Today was interesting.... I had taken the day off work. While getting ready for the day, we had been talking about how we're going to give car-sickness pills to the kids before we head out on our trip. Mysia must have been listening pretty good. I took Malachi to daycare, Lydia to work, and then Mysia to school. While dropping Mysia off, she started claiming she was car sick.

Well, sure enough, she told her teacher she was feeling like she was going to vomit... so she went to the school nurse, who then called me to pick her up. We then stopped by my mom's to grab the air-mattress pump from Sam. We visited for a bit. Lydia ended up getting off at 12:30, so I picked up Malachi before her, and we headed home to finish loading the van.

We left the house by 2, and were on the way. I love technology, but this is were it failed me! We depended on the GPS on the iPhone. Unfortunately, it took us through some back-roads, thinking it was shorter I guess. Ended up putting us in late! Made our trip over eight hours long! What a drive!

I am happy we made it in safely... and on only one tank of gas!


Friday:

I had a restless night. I had left my pillow at home, and those hotel pillows were too soft. It felt like imitation pillows.

Anyway, we got up, let the kids watch some Mickey Mouse Club House on the tv, and then headed over for the continental breakfast. We were happily surprised to see Lydia's cousins and kids there! Come to find out, they were staying only a few doors down! So after breakfast, we met at the pool. This gave the kids some time to play with the others, and we ended up spending over 3 hours in the Olympic-sized pool!

We came back to the hotel and let the kids nap before heading to the rehearsal dinner at the church. The neat thing was that the church was only a two minute drive from our hotel! Yay!

We ate, visited, and went through the rehearsal. I was in charge of setting up the video camera and laptop so that Silas could view the wedding over skype since he's in Iraq. That's when I discovered that I was missing a important piece... the cord that plugged my video camera to the RCA outputs!

So I did a run to Walmart, then Radio Shack, then Staples, and finally to Kmart. None had the cord! Thankfully, the church's sound-man thought he had one, and told me he'd bring it tomorrow. It looked like everything was gonna be fine!

We ate Subway for supper before going back to hotel. Lydia got the kids ready for bed, and I headed out to catch up with Titus and the guys. They had went bowling, so I met them there and visited during the last game. We then headed next door to Sonic for a snack. It was cold, but we were a bunch of goofy guys, so we didn't care!


Saturday:

Lydia woke up early and headed to the church to help the girls with their hair. I was in charge of getting the kids up and ready.... we ate breakfast, and I got dressed. It was a bit rushed, making sure I had everything, plus the kids! Paulette picked us up, and it was to the church for the kids to get ready. Malachi was a ring-bearer, and Mysia was a flower-girl. Lydia was in charge of the guestbook, and as I had written earlier, I was the webcam guy!

Speaking of webcam... it actually turned out great. I was able to contact Silas, and everyone got to talk to him before and after the wedding. We were afraid he'd miss out on the wedding, but he actually got to view the entire thing!!! It was so exciting!

After the wedding, we participated in pictures and, of course, the dinner afterwards. Toward the end, the kids were getting tired. So I packed them up and we went back to the hotel for naps. Lydia stayed to help clean up. When finished, she showed up at the hotel room with supper from Arby's. We ate, watched some Disney Channel, and then went for a swim before coming back to our room for bed. We were tired!

~Matt

No comments: