Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week Rundown! (01/02/11 - 01/02/11)



Sunday:

It was back to running vans for church this week after being off last week. I had a pretty good number on my van, and if everyone had come, it would have been full.

Services were nice, and I took a short nap in the afternoon. I made sure my alarm was set so that we sleep to long!

Since Mysia doesn't have school tomorrow, she went home with Granny after the evening services. .


Monday:

Lydia went to the gym early in the morning, and then headed to work. Since it was just Malachi and I, we got up, got ready, and I dropped him off at daycare before heading into work myself.

Today was a bit awkward for me. It was nice being off for 10 days straight! Anyway, I had quite a bit of work to do! Lydia got off work and went to my parents' house to pick up Mysia. She ended up staying there until 5 visiting. When I got off work, I picked up Malachi and headed home. We got there before Lydia, so I started taking down the Christmas lights off the house. It only took me 15-20 minutes! I was happy about it, but also a little mad... it took me hours to get those strands working and put on the house last month!!!

Quartet practice was cancelled, so I spent the evening at home with Lydia and the kids. We watched some tv, played the Wii, and then went to bed.


Tuesday:

Lydia went to the gym again, and then came home right in time for me to leave for work. She dropped the kids off at daycare and school before going to work.

The rest of the day was pretty normal. Lydia picked up Mysia from school, then Malachi, and headed home. I met them there after work. We ate, and then Lydia went to BioLive.


Wednesday:

This morning, I went to the gym early. The plan was for me to go straight to work afterwards, but I forgot an important item when packing my gym bag... deodorant. So I made a quick stop at home before going in to work. Lydia didn't have to work today, so she dropped the kids off at daycare and school and then headed to the gym.

Lydia spent most of the day with house work and re-arranging the kitchen cabinets. I came home for lunch so we could visit for a bit. She picked Mysia up from school and helped her with her homework.

Church services was good. I sang a special before the sermon, and messed up a bit on the words. The bad part was that it was a song I wrote! Whoops!

When we got home, we did a complete turn-over of the house. Two of our Wii games that we haven't played since Saturday were missing. We don't know where they might be! I even brought in two of the trash bags and searched through them! Ugh!


Thursday:

Lydia went to the gym and took her friend Mary. I got up and got the kids ready for the day. Lydia came home in time for me to head into work, and then she dropped the kids off and headed to the auto shop. We had received a coupon in the mail for a free oil change, and since they were located a block from her work, she dropped off and walked into work.

Surprise, surprise... they found minor problems with our van that needed taken care of soon. Like wiper blades! And they wanted to charge us quite a bit for labor. Uh, I don't think so! They couldn't even find out what was wrong with my car! And it still needs figured out by the way! Needless to say, we stuck with the just the oil change!

After work, Lydia picked up Mysia from school and headed into to BioLife. I got off of work, picked up Malachi, and headed home. He and I played army-men while waiting for Lydia and Mysia to arrive. They brought home pizza! We ate, watched some Loony Tunes, did homework, gave the kids showers, and put them to bed. Lydia then gave me a haircut, and she did Wii Fit before we headed to bed.


Friday:

Lydia went into the gym again this morning, and then we pretty much followed the same schedule as yesterday.

After work, Lydia picked up Mysia and headed to an Honours meeting. When I got off work, I picked up Malachi and headed home. I then made an easy supper for the kids while waiting for Lydia and Mysia to come home. Meanwhile, Paulette/MeeMaw showed up to watch the kids. As soon as Lydia showed up, we left leaving Paulette with Mysia and Malachi.

It was our date night, so Lydia and I headed out to Olive Garden! Lydia had gotten a gift card, and it was our chance to use it. After waiting 40 minutes in the 'lobby', we finally got seated. We ate salad and bread-sticks while waiting for our meal to arrive. When it did, it was hot! Oh... and sooooo good! :)


Saturday:

We didn't sleep in too much. The kids were up and wanting to watch cartoons. I tried putting on Netflix, but our internet wasn't working. So I put on PBS and called our internet provider. They did a round of tests and had me restart my modem and router. It finally started working.

We ate breakfast (pancakes), and then headed out to get me a new suit for the wedding. I've been in need of a new one for some time now. I found one at a reasonable price! Afterwards, we headed off to CPO. Mysia had received a free gift card in the mail since her birthday in a few weeks. While there, they spend a few dollars they had saved up.

Back at home, we ate a quick lunch and put them down for naps. Lydia's cousin Daniel came over and I helped retrieve files off of a laptop of his. The screen was broken, so he wasn't able to retrieve anything. So I plugged the laptop up to desktop monitor, and we were able to see everything. It worked!

Lydia went to Pampered Chef party while I stayed home with the kids. We played, watched Loony Tunes movie on Netflix, and ate supper. Before Lydia came home, she went to the store for our weekly grocery run. When Lydia arrived back home, we got the kids to bed, and we watched an episode of Monk before going to bed ourselves.



~Matt

No comments: