Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Church Workday (Saturday, 07/11/09)


Another busy day! Aren't they all?

I woke up early and Sam picked me up. We headed to the church. It was a scheduled workday, and they had asked all who could help to arrive around 8. There was much to be done. I helped place the cement parking blocks until lunch. Others power-washed the buildings and parking lot, leveled dirt, and cleaned the new auditorium. After lunch, I helped inside polishing the wooden doors, the cross above the baptistery, and took pictures of other people working.

I also got examine the new pews that were being installed! Pastor mentioned that they were going to try and get the occupancy permit sometime this week, so there was a lot to get completed!

I arrived home around 3, much to Lydia's relief. They were trying to watch Disney's The Wild on tv, but the reception was bad. So I messed around with it, and was able to get the channel to come in. (I'm not too keen on the digital conversion). After the movie was over, they played another, Dr. Doolittle. So we watched that while eating supper.

We were still lazy after that movie had finished, so I put in The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe since we hadn't finished it from Friday.

Afterwards, it was baths and showers before bedtime!

~Matt

No comments: