Monday, July 13, 2009

Tests, Grocery Shopping, and a Movie (Thursday, 7/9/09)


It was a busy day, mostly for Lydia. She had to take two tests in her classes at college. She was pretty much ready for it, but she was a bit stressed out about them! She's excited though... she only has two more weeks until this semester is over! So far, she is pulling a 4.0 in all of her classes too! Go Lydia!!!!

Nothing too unusual happened to me at work, except that I keep pretty busy all day. I did find out something interesting on the news though! Of course, if you are like me, you're probably tired of any news of Michael Jackson, but this one is worth reading! If you haven't heard, no one but his family knows where MJ's body is! There are all sorts speculation on where it might be, but that's it. Here's the funny part. The authorities have one part of his body, and they're using it for the autopsy, hoping to find out what killed him. Know what it is? His BRAIN! Ha!

Well, even though we don't know if he used it... we know he at least had one!

Anyway, Lydia picked me up from work at 5, she had several sandwiches awaiting for me in the car. I ate one by the time we pulled into Wal-Mart. Yep, we were there to do our weekly run for groceries! To make things easier while we shop, Lydia takes a cart with one kid, and I take another cart with the other kid. That way, we can divide things up a bit, and go grab the items needed. Cell phones have become very helpful when on our food runs! While shopping, Mysia wanted everything, and Malachi wanted down.

When we arrived home, we unloaded the groceries and put them up. Malachi wanted held, and Mysia wanted attention, so I got on the floor and they tackled me. Lydia, in the meantime, crashed on the couch. I guess those test wore her out!

After giving the kids their baths and put to bed, Lydia and I decided to watch "The Incredible Hulk". We had borrowed it from Sam several months back and hadn't gotten around to watch it. I didn't care for the Hulk movie that had been made a several years back, so I wasn't too keen on watching this one, even though I had heard it was better. Well, we gave it a shot, and I'll agree... it is definitely better then their first attempt! The movie wasn't as fun as "Iron Man", but it did entertain.
 
~Matt

No comments: