Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cucumbers! (Tuesday, 7/7/09)


My mom gave us cucumbers… she'd had got them from my grandma. You see, every year my grandma grows them in her garden, and has a bountiful supply. I love it! They taste so much better then the ones from the store! I will even take them to work and use them as a snack if we are given a lot. However, I don't think that we'll have that problem this year….

It was getting close to bedtime, the kids had played on the floor with me, wearing me out. Lydia and I were both tired. It was decided that Mysia would go first, so we put her in the bath. I decided to peel the cucumbers and set them on the table for us to eat. I told Mysia that after her bath, she could have some. Well, Malachi ate about a half of a cucumber, and I ate a whole one, then it was time for his shower. For a 1-1/2 year-old, he loves showers. Don't know why, but he does. By the time I got Malachi out and dressed, Mysia had eaten all the rest of the cucumbers!!!! Wow!

It looks like cucumbers aren't going to last long around here!
 
~Matt

No comments: