Friday, July 24, 2009

Malachi Sick, and a New Refrigerator (Tuesday, 7/21/09)

Malachi woke up around 3:30 in the morning. He had vomited.... yuck! I cleaned it up, and put him back to bed, but he didn't want to stay there. I then tried sleeping on the floor next to his bed so that he would go to sleep. He liked that idea, but wanted to sleep on the floor with me. We tried that for a few minutes, but I couldn't get very comfortable so I grabbed him and put him in bed with me. That worked out great, and he went to sleep.

When it was time to get up, he was wired and running around. Lydia and I decided he was obviously well enough to go to daycare. So we packed him up, along with Mysia, and went into our daily routine.

While at work, I got a call from our company's photography department. They wanted to see if Malachi could come in around 3 for a photo-shoot. I told them it would be fine. Unfortunately, when Lydia was on the way the way over, Malachi vomited all over himself in the car seat. I had to call and cancel. Paulette watched him and Mysia while Lydia picked me up for work at 5pm.

Oh, back on Monday, I had mentioned to several of my coworkers that our refrigerator was going out. One coworker said that she and her husband had one in their garage that they wanted to get rid of. There was only one "catch". We had to take the two frozen turkeys along with it! I didn't argue! After supper, Sam picked me up with his truck and we ran over to pick up the refrigerator.

Sam helped me bring it in the house, and we cleaned it up. Okay... Lydia cleaned it up, while I unloaded the old fridge. While we were doing this, my grandma and uncle showed up to give us more garden cucumbers. They stayed for a while, as we moved the new refrigerator in place.

Malachi was still sick, and we tried to get him to bed at a decent time. If only we new what Wednesday would hold!

~Matt

1 comment:

Terry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.