Monday, July 20, 2009

Lunch with Mom and more! (Wednesday, 7/15/09)


My mom came and had lunch with me at work. Even though the food from the cafeteria wasn't the best, we had a good lunch. She got to meat some more of my coworkers, and we tried getting a picture taken. Her batteries were dead for her camera, but I had some at my desk, and we were able to get a few shots.

One of my coworkers mentioned to me that she was shocked to see me having lunch with another woman (besides Lydia). It wasn't until after I introduced my mom that she understood! I never thought that I could cause rumors at work…. I wonder what would have happened if I had hugged my mom several times during lunch….!

That was the highlight of my workday. Lydia picked me up from work and I gobbled down my supper before we left for church.

On Sunday, a coworker's husband passed away. She works as a temporary proofer here at work, and she is a dear lady. We both love the same type of music, and she's a wonderful Christian woman. Well, on the way to church, we stopped by the funeral home for the visitation of her husband since the funeral would be during work hours on Thursday. I ran in, leaving Lydia and the kids in the car, gave her a hug, talked for a small bit, and told her I was praying for her and her family. I didn't stay in there for long. There was already several people lining up to talk with her, and with my family in the car, I figured it would be best to be on my way.

When we arrived at church, it was exciting to see that more had been done to the new auditorium. The pews had been mounted into the floor, and they had the nice chandelier put in at the entrance! Service was great, and everyone is excited about the new building. Only a few weeks to go!

Before heading home, we ran by my grandma's house. She had a bag of cucumbers from her garden waiting for us, and we had her birthday gift. We sat and visited for a while, and Mysia ate cookies while Malachi played with Grandma's hand-held back massager.

~Matt

No comments: