Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stained Glass Design


Back in March, my pastor approached me, asking if I'd be interested in looking at a stained glass window design. I said sure!

Since our church is building a new auditorium, they have three windows for stained glass. The main/middle window will hold the original that was in our auditorium. However, the windows to the side needed to 'extend' the scene. That's where I was to come in.

The stained-glassmakers came up with an idea for those two windows, but my pastor didn't care for it. So he came to me. I worked with him over a week, trying to find a design that would fit his liking. We finally hit upon what he was wanting, and he gave the glasmakers my design.

What I did:
I took a picture of the building with the windows. Opened the file in Photoshop, placed the center window in place. Then I took my sketches and put them on the side windows and colored in the design, using the colors from the main window.

There are some of the special features about the windows. The main one is that it incorporates the church logo. Pastor had also asked me to include some more dogwood flowers. I knew that might be difficult, since the original one represented the Trinity. But after some thought, I added two to each side. That totaled seven, the number of completion!

On Tuesday of this week, it was installed! I'm sooo happy!

~Matt

1 comment:

BlessedAngelTerri said...

Wow Matt! That is so awesome! It looks like you created the whole thing. Like it was originally designed that way. Soooo awesome!