Thursday, July 9, 2009

Video Fun… Our House Egged and a Wild Pursuit! (Wednesday, 7/8/09)


Wednesday was an interesting day, especially that evening! But first, here's what happened that morning….

I had recorded our quartet from Sunday evening, and wanted to see how well it turned out. So, as we were getting ready in the morning, I took out the video camera. I rewound the tape to the beginning, pushed play, and set it on the table as I got my breakfast ready. Malachi and Mysia gathered around the camera and watched. Of course, they fought as they both tried to view the small screen!

After a while, they would occasionally loose interest, and go off to do something before coming back to view what was happening on the video. Well, to my surprise, when our quartet started singing "Step Into The Water", Malachi rushed over and started singing along!

Now Malachi talks a bit, but not in full sentences or complicated words. But here he was, singing the entire chorus with no problem!!!! Go figure! I wish I could have gotten it on video, but of course, he was watching it off the video camera!

Now for the fun story…

Later in the evening, after church and with the kids in bed, Lydia and I were sitting on the couch. She was doing her homework, and I was browsing the web. All of sudden, "BANG… BANG…….. BANG!!!!!!" I shot up! My first reaction was that someone was banging at the door, but that third bang came from the window, where an egg hit right above my head! I quickly opened up the door, and noticed a light colored suburban/bronco vehicle driving away. Ohhh… I was mad! Adrenaline rushed through my body!!! I quickly pulled out my keys and got in the car. I hurriedly backed out of the driveway and slowly followed in pursuit! No one eggs my house and gets away with it!!!!

The vehicle turned onto one of the main roads, and I followed. I took the chance to get up close to the bumper and called Lydia with my cell so she could write down the license plate number. I followed for a while, trailing their bumper, and the driver of the vehicle noticed… and pulled into a business. I drove slowly on, pulled into another business' driveway, turned my car around to face the street, and stopped. I knew they were eyeing my car. (I was far enough away so that they couldn't see the license plate or me)

They peeled out of the parking lot onto the street, and I followed. This time, I stayed a good distance away, but I knew they realized I was still following. They then quickly darted onto another side street, and I did the same. They slowed down and stopped at the next stop sign. I kept my distance, making sure that I could pull away if they decided to turn around or something. I just wanted to give them a good scare, and I believe it was working. They then peeled out again onto the next street and headed for the highway. As they came to a red light, they slowed down, I'm sure they were unsure what to do. They didn't know who was in my car, so I'm sure they were a bit frightened.

Now, I didn't know what to do either… I didn't want to pull up behind them and have them jump out egging my car! Thankfully, the light turned green when they came to the intersection, and the speed right though. The next intersection was the onramp for the highway, and they took it. That's when they really picked up speed! I bet they were going a hundred! They were almost out of my site when I got off the onramp. I sure wish there was a cop around…. They would have definitely gotten pulled over!! I could still see them, but let them go. I knew I had given them enough of a scare! I found the next exit and headed home.

I honestly believe they were roaming the streets, looking to egg houses with lights on. I'm sure they don't remember where I came from. I believe it was random. Our street is secluded and cut off in such a weird way, that I don't think it was intentional that they struck our, and I can pretty much say that they wouldn't be able to remember where it was.

When I returned home, I called the police, reported the license number, and they said they'd call me if anything came up. I then went outside and sprayed down the house. Lydia had already cleaned off the door during my pursuit.

Oh… what a fun night!

~Matt

No comments: