Friday, July 24, 2009

Farewell to Titus, and Teen Camp Review (Sunday, 7/19/09)

Picked up the teens… they were excited about what had happened at camp. They all shared the same thought, they wished it hadn't ended. It was a good sign that camp had went very well. They were so excited that it was contagious. They made me look forward to the evening services!

After morning services we headed over to Lydia's folks' house for lunch. It was the last day to have Titus in town, so we wanted to spend some more time with him. Paulette had made spaghetti, a family favorite of theirs. We visited for a while, then watched Madagascar 2, which had Malachi and Mysia captivated for a while. We didn't have choir practice, but left a little early for church so we could grab a good seat.

Since it was teen camp night... it was a bit crowed for evening services. I set up the video camera to capture as much as I could. Well, the service was over 90 minutes long, much longer then my tape would hold. So I caught some of it with my digital camera as well.

The service was so good! You could tell the teens had come back on fire, and they weren't ready to have it quenched! In fact, during the service, you could tell that the spirit was moving throughout the entire congregation. It was one of the best services I've ever been to! Even though it was longer then most services, it was well worth it! I'm glad I captured it on video!

When we got home, it was late, and the kids were already out. So we just went to bed.

~Matt

No comments: