Thursday, January 21, 2010

Soup, Kid Talk, and a Game (Tuesday, 01/19/10)

After eating potato soup for supper, I waited for the kids to finish their's. They ate quite a bit, but didn't finish all of it. I figured they ate enough and let them down, but told them to put their bowls in the sink as I cleaned off the rest of the table. Malachi got to the kitchen sink first, and in a hurry, threw his bowl in. As it went in, it spattered up and over the counter and got him in the face! The poor boy was first stunned, and then grossed out. He came running to me screaming, "ewwwwwww!" So, I wiped his face off with a napkin! lol!

Oh, and speaking of Malachi.... one the phrases he likes to use when something doesn't work, or we say no, is, "Awwww, man...!" Its so funny! Well, the other day I caught him saying a new phrase. He did it several times today as well. When something cool happens or he figures out something neat, his new response is, "Oh my goodness!" What a guy!

Mysia, on the other hand, is in a continuously, non-stop conversation. Err... make that a one-way, continuously, forever-going, non-stop conversation! She doesn't like to be interrupted, but yet has no problem interrupting us! However, she is very observant on many things, just not what we want her to be observant on!

Before sending them to bed, we promised them a game. We pulled out chutes and ladders. Thinking it would be a pretty quick game, we took our time at first. I was doing pretty good there for a while, but boy, those chutes sure can bring you down very quickly. As time went by, I folded the board in half and the goal was to now reach the half way point. I think Candy Land would have been quicker!

~Matt

No comments: