Monday, January 4, 2010

Sugar & Snow! (Saturday, 01/2/10)


Today was more of a "rush day" of sorts. But foolishly, we had again tried to sleep in. Oh, was that was a bad idea!

I had heard the kids playing, and just ignored it. Then Mysia cried... Malachi had bitten her on the arm. I got up and she was at our door holding her arm. I let her in to see Lydia and hollered for Malachi. Here he comes toddling to me in Mysia's slip-on shoes... the thing was, he was only in Mysia's slip-on shoes.... and nothing else!!!

I grabbed him, took him to his room, and quickly we put some clothes on! I questioned him on why he was naked, but didn't get a good response. We went back into the bedroom where Lydia was looking at Mysia's arm. Come to find out, his bite had drawn blood. He got punished. That's when Lydia noticed something on his face around his mouth. White crystals......

I got up and went into the kitchen. Sure enough, sugar everywhere! He had gotten into the big sugar container! I was not happy! Come to find out, that's why he had shed his PJs and was naked, they were covered in sugar!

I'll tell you what... what a morning!!!!!!

Lydia ran to the bank before noon, and I fed the kids. Then it was nap-time! Hooray... it was nice to have it a bit quiet around the house for a while.

When they got up, we got them ready and dropped them off at my parent's house for a few hours while Lydia and I headed to the library. It was time for us to do our "State of the Family" meeting, where we sit down and go over finances, planning, ideas, and parenting. Not always fun, but good for us to get a grasp on what we need to do.

We arrived back at my folks sometime after 5:30. M&M were finishing supper and eating sherbet. Lydia and I stayed and visited for a while. Then we left with Malachi to pick up the church van. Mysia was spending the night with her Aunt Abigail. As I went out to put Mysia'scar-seat into my parents' car, was surprised to see that it was snowing! Not only that, but there was a dusting of snow on everything. I guess I hadn't been paying close attention to the weather forecast (like they ever get it right here in Springfield anyway).

The last thing we did for the day was our weekly grocery shopping. Not much fun, but it had to be done.

Before I headed to bed, I looked outside..... it was still snowing! Yippee!!!

~Matt

No comments: