Monday, January 18, 2010

Swimming, Visiting, and more! (Saturday, 01/16/10)


Saturday was an eventful one! We woke up and and took the kids swimming at gym. Malachi enjoyed more than I thought he would and even wanted to stay longer! It was a unique experience for me taking him into the lockers and us both showering and getting ready to leave. Even though I've been a dad for almost 5 years now, there are moments when I 'm still in shock that I'm a father. It's weird... but neat at the same time.

Mysia's birthday is quickly approaching, and she got a card in the mail from CPO for a free gift. So we headed out to that part of town. She ended up getting to pick out a book from a rack in the children's section.

We then went and visited with Lydia's grandma. It had been a while, and definitely past due in our visits. We had an enjoy able time, and the kids played nicely, but they were getting tired. When we got home, we put them down to bed.

While they napped, I started working on some of the stuff that I hadn't had time to sit at the computer and do. That also included finances! Yuck! Lydia got ready to leave. She had volunteered (along with her group from college) to work concessions at MSU for the last half of the day.

While she was gone, I continued to work on other things on my laptop. I wish I could say that I got to play some games, but I'm happy to report that I actually got some things done that needed to be addressed. So the time was well used.

When the kids woke up from their nap, I put on a VHS recording from years past of America's Funniest Home Videos. They enjoyed that. However, that's when I found out that the our surround sound system died! Ugh!!! So I went to the garage and brought out the sound system we had first used for the quartet, and plugged it up. It works, but I miss the "surround" sound we had!

We played for a while, and I fed them PB&J sandwiches. After a while, I came up with an idea! I told them that if they picked up the rooms, mainly Mysia's, I'd put in Alvin & The Chipmunks movie. It worked!

After the movie, I got them ready for bed. I stayed up, working more on the laptop until Lydia got home around 11ish. She was wore out!

~Matt

No comments: