Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sick! (Tuesday, 12/29/09)


I remember my stomach not feeling good as I slept, but it didn't really effect me much. That is... until my alarm went off! I sat up, and my stomach started cramping. Ooooh, talk about pain. I ended up with a stomach virus of sorts. Whatever it was, left me in bed or on the toilet!

Needless to say, I stayed home from work... and not by choice. There was no way I could have worked at my desk in the pain I was suffering. I called in sick, and tried to sleep it off.

Lydia went ahead and took the kids to the daycare and headed to the gym. I woke up when she got back home around 11. I still wasn't feeling too good, but was able to get something to drink and move around. Around noon I was well enough to quickly check my email before crashing again. (yep, I'm a geek!)

I ended up waking up to a wonderful smell. My stomach was weak, but feeling a bit hungry. Lydia had made herself an egg omelet. Like I said, it smelled good, but I knew that there was no way my stomach would want to handle something like that. Lydia made me some scrambled eggs instead. It worked! I felt a whole lot better.

I ended up laying around some more, and Lydia went and got the kids. When she came back, she encouraged me to get up and around more. I had gotten on the computer, so I had no real excuse!

The rest of the day went by smoothly. And I wasn't feeling too bad to watch tv with the kids! lol

~Matt

No comments: