Thursday, November 4, 2010

Daycare.... (Thursday, 11/04/10)



This morning I dropped Malachi off at daycare. While telling him goodbye, one of his teachers said, "Hey Malachi, we get to watch 'Toy Story 3' today!"

Malachi shook his head and replied, "Nooooooo..."

I guess I gave her a wide eyed expression at the same time. She gave me a curious look in return and asked, "Has he not seen it yet?"

"Oh, he has," I explained, "We seen it a couple weeks ago at the theaters and he got scared. It was a little too dark and emotional. He shook in my arms and cried during the intense parts. In fact, both Malachi and Mysia have told us they don't want us to buy it."

"Seriously?" Her eyes wide with wonder...

"Yep! In fact, watch this." I turned to Malachi and exclaimed, "Hey Bub! You get to watch Toy Story 3, that's cool!"

He looked at me as if I was from another world, and then gave a worried look as he replied, "No, it's scary!"

His teacher then assured me that she'd either let him watch something else or give him something to do during the showing of the movie.

I returned to to car where Mysia was patiently waiting. As I drove her to school I shared the news with her, "Hey, Malachi gets to see a new movie at daycare today! Do you want me to turn around drop you off with him so you can see it to?"

"Yeah!" she exclaimed, "what movie is it?"

"Toy Story 3!!!"

"Noooooooooo...."






Yep, I'm one mean daddy! :P


~Matt

No comments: