Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Home-made Frappuccino (Wednesday, 11/17/10)




While shopping at Walmart a couple of weeks ago, I noticed in they were carrying Star Bucks Frappuccino in a bottle near the cash registers. It looked so good, and I was thirsty. I bought two, and brought them home to share with Lydia. Sure enough, they were good! The following week, I bought a few more. They kept Lydia going throughout the week with her homework, etc.

Unfortunately, the Frappuccinos were pretty steep when it came to price. Four bottles totaled over $10! Ouch! That's a huge chunk of money. So to the internet I went! Sure enough, there are plenty of recipes and instruction on how to make this delicious beverage. I then chose one that looked simple and would probably taste about the same.

Yesterday morning before heading to work, Lydia asked me to make some. It turned out very well! I ended up refilling the bottles we had saved, perfect for on the run! Oh... and I think they actually taste better! But that's my opinion! :)


~Matt



Frappuccino

This makes a 32 oz. drink (or 2 servings).

3-4 Cups of ice
1 cup of double-strength coffee
1 cup of low-fat milk
4 tbs of sugar
4 tbs of chocolate syrup

Put in blender.... Yum!

No comments: