Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Week Rundown! (11/21/10 - 11/27/10)



Sunday:

Well, the weather was nice today, and I should have put up the outdoor Christmas lights during the afternoon. Oh well!

Doug and Mary came over for the afternoon, and we ate and visited before rushing back to church for choir practice and evening services. Afterwards, we partook in the birthday & anniversary fellowship.


Monday:

Severe thunderstorms hit today, and we even had a tornado warning! What fun!

After work and picking up the kids, we rushed out out to Lydia's aunt's house in Crane to visit with her cousins that were in for a visit for the holiday. We visited and snacked for most of the evening. We even watched Disney's "101 Dalmatians", which I hadn't seen in a long time! We got home a little later than we wanted, but it was worth it.


Tuesday:

Besides the usual for the day, we rushed home and grabbed a bite to eat before attending evening services at church. They had moved it a day earlier since several families are traveling over the Holiday weekend.


Wednesday:

Mysia and Lydia didn't have school, so Lydia dropped Mysia off at MeeMaw's house before heading into work for the emote day. I dropped Malachi off at daycare before i headed into work. The day seemed to drag, mostly because it was the last day before the four-day weekend!

after work, I headed home and grabbed a few things before Lydia and Malachi came and picked me up. We then picked Mysia up and headed to Grandma Taylor's house. She made us a wonderful dinner and we visited for most of the evening. As we were leaving, it started to rain. We ended up driving through a hailstorm. Lydia had to stop, since she couldn't see the road.


Thursday:

I got up early and ran to Big Lots to check on some Thanksgiving sales they had going on. The temperature was cold, sand getting colder! I stood outside for about 20 minutes in line with other crazy shoppers. Was it worth it, I'm not sure... but I did grab a few things for Christmas!

When I arrived back home, we turned on the TV and watched the parade! Lydia made apple pies and I started re-arranging the house a bit. We had a lazy morning for the most part. By afternoon, we started getting some freezing rain, and ice pellets accumulated on the vehicles. We headed out to Lydia's uncle and aunt's house. We encountered some snow in the mixture of rain!

The kids played with all the cousins and extended family that was there, but couldn't play outside due to the weather. Lydia and I visited, and I was even able to take at least an hours nap! Oh, the food was great!

We made it back home with enough time to let the kids play some games before putting them to bed at a pretty decent hour. Lydia and I invited Doug and Mary over to visit and watch a movie before heading out for those Black Friday sales. We watched "Christmas Shoes" before the midnight hour hit.


Friday:

There was no real start for today, it was more like a continuation of yesterday! Lydia had left with Doug and Mary to hit Walmart's midnight sale. She was able to get some good deals on some things we needed/wanted that I previously didn't know they had for sale. Lydia and I ended up staying up all night. She even made the mad rush to Kmart at 5am! Needless to say, we didn't even make it to our bed. However, we did catch a few hours of sleep on the couch around 7ish, and let the kids watch cartoons.

Once we were up and at it, we re-arranged the house, getting things ready for our decorations. I also turned on a Christmas movie as well. When I went outside to grab the decorations from the shed, I discovered that not only was the backyard flooded with water, but the ground couldn't hold it all, so I sank in with every step. I even tried putting down 2x4 planks to walk on in certain spots. No good... they just sank into the ground as well!

As I set up the pre-lit tree, I found that it most of the lights on it weren't working! Not even 25% was lit! On top of that, the lights were strung on with clips! They were not easy to get off. It took me close to 3 hours to get all the strands off. Boy, my fingers were so sore!

We ate pizza for supper and got the tree decorated. The kids did a great job. I was basically in charge of hooking the ornaments. Lydia did the glass and special ornaments, while we let Mysia and Malachi tackle the rest. I'm happy to report they they didn't fight much, and placed the ornaments around the tree without putting them in one general area.


Saturday:

We were tired. So we had a late start for the morning. The house was a mess from pulling out the decorations, and we still have more to do! After a late breakfast, we headed out to help Lycia and Kristi in moving to their new apartment. We got there a little late, but was still able to help unload. I was then in charge of getting their entertainment systems operational, and Lydia helped sort out items. The kids played!

Once we felt that we bugged them enough, we headed out once again. This time to Silver Dollar City. We wanted to get up there and make sure we got a good dose of the "holiday spirit". Well, it was more like the "Black Friday spirit"! People were everywhere! It was very crowded and people shoving. I guess Thanksgiving weekend is not the best time to go!

The kids got to ride several rides, and we rode with them on one. We also got to see the parade and the lighting of the big Christmas tree. We also stood in line for an hour to let them see Santa. The kids were tired as we left to home. So it was quick showers and off to bed!

~Matt

No comments: