Monday, November 22, 2010

Week Rundown! (11/14/10 - 11/20/10)



Sunday:

I woke up tired. I was also a bit sluggish. Not only that, but both kids decided to get up too! So I plugged them up to a sing-a-long DVD before heading off to doing the church vans. That's when I discovered the frost on my car! Ugh!

During the Sunday School hour and morning services, we had a special guest! Ronnie Warren! I'm privileged to be the one who designed and manages his website, so I also got to video and take pictures! His songs and message were awesome!

We didn't get any rest at home that afternoon, and worked on a few things. During choir practice, we worked on the upcoming cantata and the evening service was good.


Monday:


We woke up in good spirits. M&M were actually cooperative, and got ready on their own! I was sooooo pleased. We actually got out and going with no hassle!

Abigail picked up Mysia from school, and I met her after work and picking up Malachi. Lydia had to run a few errand before heading home after work, so I started supper. It was pretty simple... spaghetti! Yum.

After eating and getting Malachi ready for bed (shower and in pajamas), I headed off to quartet practice. Lydia got Mysia ready for bed and worked on homework and laundry while I was gone. At practice, the quartet worked heavily on Christmas music. We actually got quite a bit accomplished!

Before heading home, I did our grocery shopping! That got me home a little later than desired, but Lydia had tons of homework to do, so it really didn't matter! lol!


Tuesday:

Lydia and I had a hard time getting up after staying up late the night before. I made frapachino to last us throughout the week (we'll see about that). Surprisingly, I made it to work on time!

Instead of going home after school/daycare/work, we went to McDonald's to meet with Tim Banks and the Mitchells to talk about Master's Club. The kids played while we discussed the direction of the program and all the things coming up. Lydia left early to go to BioLife, and after I was sure they were wearing down, the kids and I headed home. Mysia and I worked on her homework before they went to bed.

Like usual, Lydia worked on homework. Sleep is a thing we cherish.. too bad we don't as much of it as we'd like!


Wednesday:

Today was typical, and nothing too different. Oh, I did run to the store for some groceries after the evening church services... :)


Thursday:

Lydia picked both kids up and headed to church to help decorate for the Pinewood Derby to be held on Saturday. I left work and headed over there help as well. When I arrived, they were eating supper, so I joined them! I was hungry. Most of the decorating and setting up was completed. There were a few things that needed to be done. Even though I helped as much as I could, it felt as if we spent more time telling our kids to get out the way and stay out of things. Oh the joy of being a parent! :P

Back at home, I help Mysia with homework, got the kids to bed, and did a few things while Lydia did some more homework.


Friday:

Oh, today was busy! Mysia got to go to her great-grandma Taylor's house after school. So after work, I picked Malachi up and then Mysia before heading back over to Mysia's school for their Fall Festival activity! Lydia had already headed over there. She had volunteered to help, so she got the privilege of being there a bit early! My responsibility was keeping track of the two kids for the entire event. We got food, watched a magic show, and took part in a raffle! We didn't win, but had some fun anyway. Mysia was disappointed that we missed a few games, but the evening had went pretty well.

Needless to say, we were tired when we got home! Lydia did homework, and I got her to give me a much needed haircut before we retired to bed!


Saturday:

Well, it was up and at it for me! I got up, got ready, dressed the kids, and headed out! But I left the kids at home with Lydia! I was in charge of driving one of the vans for the activity at church today. So I picked up the van at church and did my route. I made it in time for the activity... The Pinewood Derby! My responsibility was taking pics of the kids in a go-kart. However, I did watch my kids for a some of the time as well! I had helped with their cars, and it was now time to see how well they did in the race!

I guess I had done pretty good. Both cars did very well, advancing up for a while. However, they were eventually beat out. Malachi was a more sportsman-like than Mysia. She was down-hearted that her car didn't make the top ranking. She's a bit more emotional about things like this. Malachi... well, he was excited just to see his go down the track and race! lol.

They were pretty tired when we got home, as it had been a busy morning. We did some house cleaning, and preparing for the coming week. I put together a list of to-do items I need to get started and accomplished before the holiday week is finished. We'll see how that goes!


~Matt

No comments: