Friday, November 5, 2010

Hillside Skate Party Flyer (Friday, 11/05/10)


Over the past several years, I've had the privilege of designing various flyers and material for our church. I enjoy being able to use my skills and talents, plus provide our church quality material to use.

Well, the annual church-wide skate party is one of the activities I like designing for. It has provided a fun challenge for me. My goal has been give it a different look each time, not just duplicate it each year. This year makes the third one. If you'd like to see what the older flyers looked like, click here or go to my website and look under 'portfolio'. 

For each design I've done, I've strived to make it look appealing, cool, and fun. Especially since that's what I believe a skating activity should be! I don't want the flyer to have that feel of just a simple invitation. It should have that draw, or pull, that gives you that feeling that you'd miss out on something awesome if you don't make it. :)

This year, I was also challenged to come up with a logo to be placed within the design. They wanted it to be understood that this was Hillside's big fall activity. So a logo claiming "October Festival", "Fall Festival", etc was asked of me. I suggested that "FallFest" would probably work better. With that approved, I developed the logo.

Anyway, I'm pleased on how it turned out.

~Matt

No comments: