Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Kids say..... Especially Malachi! (Tuesday, 11/16/2010)


There are so many stories I'd like to post on here. And I can't.... Especially the ones about Malachi! He is such a boy, and you never know what might come out of his mouth. Unfortunately, since this blog is semi-public, and most of the humor he displays should only be shared within the walls of our house.... that means I can't share it with you all!

I'm sure many of you readers know what I mean. Kids will be kids, and some of those things that they do and say are fun to laugh over, but are not the best to share with the world. So many things happen with Malachi that I could probably write a decent size novel within several weeks! It's just that they'd be embarrassing to us, and especially him when he gets older! So that's why I can't post them here. 

However, I want to make aware to those who are around him, that he is unpredictable. Being very observant, he might just say something - not knowing it's best to hold his tongue. But don't worry, we're working on that! It makes it interesting when going out in public. I guess a great example would be the times when taking Malachi shopping. He notices things and people, and will make comments. Thankfully, he's not too loud and some of those big words are not as easy for others to understand! I just grin and bare it! Hey, I'm a dad... and if people don't understand that kids say things out of nowhere, they'd better learn fast! lol

He's picked up on a few things from daycare as well. Words that we don't really accept, but are often said and talked about among kids. Just like with Mysia, we've had to stop and explain why we don't say those words, etc. He nods and then goes back to playing.

One of things I've been working on with him is his overuse of "sorry". He deliberately do something he knows is wrong, I'll get on to him, and he'll quickly reply with "sorry", and rush off to something else thinking all is well. He thinks that once he's said that magic word, all is well. Like it's his free ticket to getting away with what he's done. Well... not so fast... :P

Ohhh... the joys of being a dad!

~Matt

No comments: