Thursday, November 4, 2010

Those Sneaky Spam Emails! (Thursday, 11/04/10)



I hate going  through my spam folder on email. I wish that there was a way I could get off their lists, but it seems that no matter how had I try by going to their sites and "unsubscribing", I still get several emails. For a while, I was getting 75 a day in our gmail account!

Well, I found out how tricky they are. I was trying to click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of one of the emails, and accidentally highlighted the area below it. There white text. I read a little and discovered it was a small portion of the book "Pride and Prejudice"! They put that in there so that some spam filters think that the email is legit. Not gmail!

Here's the text:

Do not distress me by the idea. I am not ashamed of having been mistaken-or, at least, it is slight, it is nothing in comparison of what I should feel in thinking ill of him or his sisters. Let me take it in the best light, in the light in which it may be understood." Elizabeth could not oppose such a wish; and from this time Mr. Bingley's name was scarcely ever mentioned between them. Mrs. Bennet still continued to wonder and repine at his returning no more, and though a day seldom passed in which Elizabeth did not account for it clearly, there seemed little chance of her ever considering it with less perplexity. Her daughter endeavoured to convince her of what she did not believe herself, that his attentions to Jane had been merely the effect of a common and transient liking, which ceased when he saw her no more; but though the probability of the statement was admitted at the time, she had the same story to repeat every day. Mrs. Bennet's best comfort was, that Mr. Bingley must be down again in the summer. Mr. Bennet treated the matter differently. "So, Lizzy," said he one day, "your sister is crossed in love I find.


Now that's funny!

~Matt

No comments: