Thursday, December 3, 2009

Black Friday (11/27/09)


My cell rang... It was Sam. It was also 6:50am! He had called to let me know that they had slept in, missed the opening time, and that Staples had already sold out of the 1 TB external hard drive I had given him money to purchase. I was bummed, but then he told me that it was offered online, and I could possibly still purchase it. So I got up, woke Lydia up, and went to my laptop.

Lydia hurried up and got dressed and went with Ana to Wal-Mart and Target. BJ woke up as well, and we both browsed online on our laptops. I was able to purchase the hard drive, so I was happy. When our wives returned, they had also been able to purchase several of the items they had set out to get. Lydia was able to get some games and movies for the kids for Christmas.

I got a chance to go across the street to the an antique store I had never been in before. It was neat looking around, but everything was very expensive. However, I did find something that perked my interest... aBlackwood Brothers LP cover caught my eye. I dug it out, and sure enough, there was some great songs on it! Unfortunately, the LP was missing!!! They just had the cover. How disappointing!
 
After lunchtime, we put the kids down for a nap, and us married grandkids went to an old-time Diner across the street. The weather was nice, and sitting under the sun (next to the window) was too much. So we moved to another table. After ordering, we had a nice long wait. So we talked and talked. It was so much fun! It had been such a long time since all of us had gotten together. Although the food was a bit expensive, and we had to wait forever, it was worth it.

My grandparents had a game for us to play....Barrel of Monkeys!!! Each of us were given a barrel with 12 monkeys in it. The challenge was to pick up all the monkeys before anyone else! Bot, was it hard.... I didn't win, but I did have fun trying.

Before going to bed, we packed up our vehicles. It was sad to realize that the end of our trip was already near. My uncle Larry had brought his flat screentv , and Sam had just bought Ice Age 3 that morning, so we watched the movie. II was running in and out during the first half of it, but I still got the idea of the plot. After the movie, we put the kids to bed and went to bed ourselves. The following day was to be our return home.

~Matt


"The sole purpose of a child's middle name, is so he can tell when he's really in trouble."

No comments: