Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tech Post: Yahoo Picture Problems!!!


I was having problems with my pictures I sent to Wal-Mart, they were pixelated! We'd pick them up, after ordering them on the internet, and they'd be low quality. It was making me upset. These pictures were to be used for the grow-with-me calendar we give out to the grandparents for Christmas!

I couldn't figure it out. For the past three months the pictures had turned out poorly, and I was starting to wonder if Wal-Mart was getting cheap on their services. I knew I had set up the pictures correctly, but why were they coming out so bad.

One of the reasons it bothered me was the fact that I'm a professional graphic designer, and my photos are turning out poorly! Photography is a part of my field, touching up those photos... even more so!

Well this last time, I called my brother BJ, and asked if his turned out as bad as ours. (We order a copy for them to pick up at their Wal-Mart) He said it turned out bad too. So I decided to send him the email of the picture, and when I did, I noticed that it was smaller than I had originally saved it.

That didn't make sense! You see, I make the file, shoot over email to Lydia, she uploads it and orders it! Come to find out, when sending it from yahoo, the picture shrunk!

When attaching pictures to yahoo, it gives you an option on the image size: Small, Medium, and Original. I didn't know that! Go figure!

So if you are a yahoo user, and didn't know this fact..... now you do! 

~Matt


"Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film."

No comments: