Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve (Thursday, 12/24/09)


After getting four hours of sleep... and I woke up to the sound of feet running up and down the hallway accompanied with giggles. I knew something was up. Sure enough, Malachi had unwrapped the gift for their cousin Elijah! Then later, he unwrapped one of the grandparent's gifts!

Well, we got up and started to try and get things finished around the house! There was still much to do! I ended up having to re-vacuum all the floors due to finding out that the main hose was clogged and it wasn't picking up anything!!! I also had to run to the store once again to grab a few more things we didn't grab the night before.

Lydia's family started showing up after noon. And we started getting supper ready while talking and chatting. We started eating around 3:30, andooooohhh was the food great! I would post what we had, but it makes my mouth water just thinking of it all.....

As 5pm hit, we started getting ready to head for church. I wanted to be there a little before 6 since the quartet was going to sing. We arrived in time, and the auditorium and a neat feel to it. The lights were dimmed and candles were near the pulpit. Our quartet opened up the services with "Christmas With A Capital 'C'". We got to sing "It's About The Cross" during the offering. I'm so glad that we worked on it so hard, and although we didn't really get to hear it ourselves, we were told it sounded pretty good... whew... what a relief!

There had been forecasts of snow, but all we had was rain on the way home. But when we arrived, we all had pie and sweets. We opened up gifts with Lydia's family, talked some more, and then settled down for a bit to watch "White Christmas". I ended up dozing a bit. Hey... I was tired!

Towards the end of the movie, someone mentioned snow... go figure! "White Christmas" and all of that. Sure enough, it was really coming down! Excitement filled the air! Pretty soon everyone started packing up, both due to the excitement and the fear of getting stuck at our house I guess! :)

We watched them all leave, and then we put our kids to bed. Lydia and I finished the movie, and then we also went to bed!

~Matt

No comments: