Thursday, December 24, 2009

Our Date and Christmas Preparation (Wednesday, 12/23/09)


I got up and got the kids ready while Lydia slept in a bit. We dropped the kids off at daycare and headed out on our 'Date'. Since I had won tickets to a few local tourist places a couple of weeks ago, I decided that there was one that I specifically wanted to go to. So for our date, I took Lydia on a cave tour! Sound romantic? Well, it was Fantastic Caverns, the only drive-thru cave in America, right here in town! So we got to sit close to each other the entire time!

When we arrived back home, I installed faucet in main bathroom. I had been putting off doing it for some time, and well... it was about time to do it! It sure makes the bathroom nicer, and now the kids can wash their hands without our help. The only problem is that they can now get into the water!

Lydia made cookies.... a lot of 'em. We gave some to the kids' teachers at daycare when we picked them up. Then it was back home to finish working on the food!

My parents stopped by for a bit to see our house decorated for Christmas. They gave the kids a book, candy, and pictures in a frame. Malachi made sure to make a mess on the floor with his candy! Not long after they left, I headed over their house for quick quartet practice. It was to be the last time for us to run over that new song before singing in on Christmas Eve.

When I got back home, Lydia was still working on the food. So I started helping and working on the house, getting it a little more presentable! But the food was the biggest thing! Lydia had even finished making the turkey! It smelled soooooo good! I got to eat a bit of it since I was the one who took it all off the bone for it to be made into the casserole.

Lydia and I ended up staying up until 4am! Whew! Talk about being tired!!!!!

~Matt

No comments: