Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas!!! (Friday, 12/25/09)


We didn't wake up early like usual for Christmas day. And for those who know me... you know how odd that is! I guess I was really tired!

When we finally got up and going, and sharing the excitement of the beautiful snow outside, we sat down in the living room and opened up gifts. It took about an hour. Malachi and Mysia got some neat stuff. And I spent most of the time working on one of Malachi's gifts.... a hot wheels racecar track!

After opening up the gifts, we got ready to head over to my parents' house to spend Christmas with them. We gathered everything together and I loaded up the car. As I did so, I started it so it would warm up. Now the night before, I had went outside and left my doors to the car ajar because I have trouble with them freezing whenever the rain freezes. Sure enough, the back doors were frozen tight and I was only able to get in on the passenger side. After I started the car, I gently closed the door so that it would be ajar. But it locked! Come to find out, the lock on the door latched, and was stuck! I couldn't get into my running car!

I waited over 15 minutes, got Lydia's keys and was able to get in one of the other doors. Whew!

Arriving at my parent's house, the kid's played in the snow before heading indoors. As we got in we decided to open gifts. Then it was suppertime! Yum!

We then played "dirty santa". That's where we all bought a gift and we take turns picking and stealing them. It's a fun game, and makes the gift-giving interesting! Games, chatting, and watching the kids is what we did for the rest of the evening. Before heading home we watched the movie "UP".
Dirty Santa

~Matt

No comments: