Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Parade and Visiting Grandma (Saturday, 12/12/09)


Another Saturday was upon us. I tried sleeping in, but was wide awake at 7... go figure. The kids were awake so I went and played kept an eye on them while Lydia slept. Since we weren't to happy on how the tree looked, being more in the center of the living room, I took away the train and set the tree closer to the wall. Mysia and Malachi played with cars and trunks around the train track for at least an hour.

I had planned to go to the Christmas parade, so I put them down for an early nap around 11, and made sure Lydia got up. Yes... she was still sleeping. Staying up the entire night on Thursday really drained her.

We headed downtown for the Christmas parade around 1. It was cold, but it was also how I remembered most of the parades I went to when growing up. The parade wasn't much different than years past, but M&M got a bunch of candy! I never remember getting that much when I was a kid! It filled an entirewal-mart shopping bag!

As we left the parade and headed to church for me to pick up the van, we hit a downpour of rain. Boy, was I glad that it didn't hit when we were watching the parade!

After picking up the van, we headed to my Grandma's house for what was supposed to be a short visit. We ended up staying there until 6pm! But all was great... we talked and visited and let the kids play. Malachi made a mess with Dallas' popcorn he had in one of those tin cans, but both kids enjoyed eating it anyways!

When we arrived home, Mysia was asleep. So we put her to bed. She slept from then on!

I got a facebook status update on my cell from one of my friends saying that "It's A Wonderful Life" was on TV. So, we turned ours on and watched it!Ahh... it's one of my favorite holiday movies! Malachi watched a bit of it as well, but he was more into playing with his toys.

~Matt


"The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
"

No comments: