Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Computer Frustrations: Laptop Power Adapter


Now here's a topic for those who have a love/hate relationship with technology, and computers in general!

Over the weekend, my power adapter for my laptop quit working on me! It just doesn't work! No power flows through the cord. At first I thought it had a short in the wire or something. But no…. it's the black box/adapter that went out! Go figure!

Power adapters aren't universal. You can't just grab a cord from another laptop and plug it in, unless it's for that specific model. If you try, it could damage the laptop battery, or even the laptop itself!!!

So it is a good thing, for me, that Lydia's laptop is the same as mine. I'm able to use her cord to charge up my laptop! Of course, that also means I've got to be extra nice. Unfortunately, it also means that I'm not on the computer as much. So I'm behind on some of my stuff.

Anyway, Saturday evening was spent finding a cord online. I first went to check Wal-mart, since I knew if they had something that would work, I could go down to the store and pick it up. Uh… yeah right. Even though they carry Dell computer things, specific power adapters are out of the question! All they have to offer are "universal adapters" that run well over $100! Ouch! Forget that!

Dell wanted me to pay $80! And that didn't help either! I finally found a place that had good reviews, and the right cord…. For $16! Now that was more like it. Lydia and I decided to go ahead and order two, that way we have one on hand in case another one goes out!

So here I am… waiting for the shipment of my power adapter! I hope it comes soon! They shipped it Monday, so hopefully it will be here on Wednesday!

~Matt

No comments: