Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend – Part 3 (Monday, May 25, 2009)




7 months 'till Christmas! – Sorry, I just had to post that here!




Lydia and I had decided that since we're always going to someone else's house for a holiday, that Memorial Day was going to be ours. We were going to enjoy our time at home. We were going to grill at our house, and enjoy the holiday at home, in our own backyard!

Well, we woke up to rain! Not something we were really looking forward to on a holiday we wanted to spend outside!

Anyway, we ate breakfast, packed the kids up, and once again headed off to the cemetery. This time, it was to meet up with my family and visit my grandpa's grave. Both my grandpa, and Lydia's grandpa are buried in the same cemetery, and not too far away either. While there, we took pictures under our umbrellas, and watched Mysia and Malachi run around. My parents had bought the kids little American flags, that they both enjoyed.

Back at home, we let them watch a little tv before putting them down for naps. Lydia and I got some things done around the house… chores! Blech!

Around 5is, my parents came over… they decided to join us for my hamburgers on the grill. Unfortunately, it was too wet to eat outside, so I grilled the burgers, and we ate inside. We watched have of the video of the Duttons (family musical group in Branson), and when Sam and Abigail showed up, we watched Mall Cop. By the end of the movie, Malachi was tired, and we got ready to put him to bed. In the meantime, my family decided to go ahead and leave for home.

So after the kids went to bed… so did we!

What a day!

No comments: