Monday, June 1, 2009

A Day Outside! (Saturday, May 30, 2009)


Saturday was a really nice day… Lydia and I tried our best to sleep in. I even got up and put in a VeggieTales movie for the kids so I could get more rest. I forgot that they only last about 30-45 minutes. So since we had got new fish the day before, Finding Nemo was the next movie I put in! By the time it was halfway done, I was up. So much for sleeping in!

We ate breakfast, and I headed out to mow the lawn. The weather was nice, and it wasn't too hot, so by the time I finished, Lydia and the kids were already outside. Lydia decided to set up the new Slip-N-Slide we got for $5 at the store. Not to bad for the price! The kids loved it. And it was nice to play in.

I also brought out the tent and set it up. It needed cleaned out and aired out! Since it had rained on our canoe trip a week or more ago, it didn't get completely dry, and there was sand on it. Malachi and Mysia loved playing in it!

Around 1pm, I set up the outside table and brought out the leftover bean dip from the night before. We ate that and drank kool-aid. Mysia and Malachi were a bit cold at times, due to them getting wet. But they kept playing in the water after drying off in the sun, so it wasn't our fault!

Malachi was getting tired, so we went inside for naps. I guess we wore them out… naps were over 3 hours long! Wow! Even Lydia and I enjoyed the naps! So, even though we didn't get to sleep in much, we got a great nap!

After nap, we snacked on more food, and then went back outside. This time, we put the slip-n-slide underneath the kids' slide, and set the hose on it. This was more fun! Malachi wasn't so sure about the whole thing, but Mysia loved it. Even Lydia and I went down it!  It was a blast.

After a while though, we all retired to Lydia porch swing, and we relaxed.

We were all wore out!

(pictures and video on my facebook page!)

~Matt

No comments: